12/29/2011

First Date Cookies

Peanut Butter Kiss cookies have been one of my favorite cookies probably since the first time I made them. Love at first bite. I've tried many different recipes for them - ones I've found online, in books, made up myself.. This recipeI is my favorite. The cookies come out chewy yet slightly crusty in all the right places. You've got the initial first crunch that, as you continue to bite, turns into something chewy, and then once you get to the kiss, melts in your mouth.

It's ridiculous.

The name I have for them, "First Date Cookies" comes from the first date that Brett Porter and I ever went on together. It was a group date, and also a blind date for the two of us. We all watched the Easter Pageant performance at the temple and snacked on cupcakes and some peanut butter kiss cookies that I made and brought along. I wooed him with these cookies and every time I make them can't help think about that very first date! Ooh.. Here they are.



Recipe:
1/2 c. Butter
1/2 c Peanut Butter
1/2 c. White Sugar
1/2 c. Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 Egg
2 T. Milk
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 1/2 (heaping) c. Flour
------
1/3 EACH of powdered, brown, and white sugar in a separate bowl to roll cookies into before placing on baking sheet
1 Bag of Hershey's Kisses

Bake @ 375• for 10 minutes

Mix ingredients together in order. Roll by the tablespoon in sugar mixture. Press cookies very slightly before baking. Have Hershey's Kisses unwrapped and ready to place on cookies right after they come out of the oven.

2 comments:

Celeste Rubalcava said...

These look super yummy. And I love that it's a simple recipe!

Jen said...

I LOVE these cookies!