1/05/2012

Bran Muffins

If you're anything like me, you're always trying to find some way to implement "healthy" into your diet. My great friend Jacquie got me hooked on bran muffins in junior high and I've been craving them for a while - probably since I ate my health away during Christmas! These muffins do have some sugar and a little bit of butter but are also very good for you and taste amazing. The bran is loaded with fiber. Say hello to a healthier year and make these today!




Recipe:

In a small medium sized bowl combine..

2 1/2 c. All-Bran Cereal (original)
1 c. Buttermilk

*Warm up buttermilk for 30 seconds in the microwave and then pour over cereal. Let sit for 10 minutes
------
Combine, in order, in a large separate bowl the following ingredients..

2 c. (White or Wheat) Flour
1/2 c. White Sugar
1/2 c. Brown Sugar
2 tsp. Baking Soda
5 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Ginger
1 tsp. Molasses
2 tsp. Vanilla
2 eggs
1 c. Milk
1/4 c. Melted Butter

*Combine the bran/buttermilk mixture into the second mixture. Stir until just combined so you don't come out with tough muffins.

Oven 375• for 17 minutes or until muffin tops bounce when lightly pressed

Yummy served with butter and/or honey or jam!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

these sound delish! i'll have to try making them this weekend!

Jen said...

I think i could eat 10 and not feel guilty :)
They look so yummy!

Kelsey Stenquist said...

I LOVE bran muffins and just this week Justin and I went to a whole grain store and I saw some there and I thought to myself, " Hmmm I should make some bran muffins". So thanks for the recipe, now I can go make some!