1/30/2012

Jumbo Blueberry Muffins

Sometimes I get so caught up in trying to brainstorm what new kinds of recipes I can put up on the blog, I forget the simple and delicious ones that we all enjoy - like blueberry muffins.

After being given a JUMBO muffin pan with liners to fill them with this past week, I couldn't wait to use it!! So I called up my cousin Alicia who is a blueberry muffin connoisseur and asked her for some of her favorite recipes. They turned out just fantastic. They were moist, contained only basic ingredients, and looked and tasted great. Thanks Alicia!

Also, thank you 10,000 fold to the individual who gave me the pan and liners.. You know who you are, and it meant so much to me :)



Recipe:
1 1/2 c. Wheat Flour
2 c. Flour
5 tsp. Baking Powder
2 Eggs (beaten before incorporated)
1 c. Milk
2/3 c. Oil (Veg, Canola, Olive, OR use applesauce)
1 c. Honey
2 c. Blueberries


Mix wet & dry ingredients separately and then combine.
Oven @ 375 for 25-30 minutes

*Muffins are ready when they start to appear golden on the top and around the edges.


Also, don't forget that this recipe is meant for muffins that are baked in JUMBO pans!
If you are baking regular sized or mini muffins, increase heat to 400• and decrease bake times.

No comments: