3/21/2012

Peanut Butter Sheetcake

I come across a lot of recipes on Pinterest, and this one I just HAD to try. And let me tell you.... I'm glad I did.

This recipe comes from www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com. It's an awesome site, and obviously I need to try more of these recipes if they're going to turn out anywhere near as satisfying as this PB sheetcake! On the website, it's lxisted under "How peanut butter can help you get pregnant... Peanut Butter Sheet Cake". She talks about how here sister and her husband have a difficult time getting pregnant so her doctor told her that she needed to consume A LOT of calories. Wish my doctor had a good reason to tell me that! Ha.

But seriously. If you love peanut butter, or even like it just a little bit, make this sheet cake!! I am willing to bet my bottom dollar that this is the most tasty peanut butter cake I have ever had. By far.


Recipe (copied from her website):

Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
by Nina Jones

Mix in pan and bring to a boil:

1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup water
1/2 cup butter

Mix together the following and add to the above mixture:
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda

Mix and add to the above mixture:
2 eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla

Stir well and pour into greased or parchment lined cookie sheet pan (jellyroll pan). Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.

Frosting
Mix in pan and bring to a boil:
3/4 cup butter
6 Tbsp buttermilk
1/2 cup peanut butter
Take off stove and add:
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar and 1 Tbsp vanilla. Pour over warm cake.




1 comment:

Jen said...

my SIL made this for a family party. LOVED IT!!!!