11/22/2011

White Chocolate Cherry Muffins

Yesterday I went to look through our pantry for foody inspiration. I found about 4 cans of apple pie filling. My thoughts? SCORE - I can make some type of non-typical apple pie filling dessert. Reality? Every can was expired.

Every. Single. One.
Not just mildly expired though. Like, 10+ years expired each. Not sure how they managed to escape my mom's eye every time she's cleaned out the pantry throughout those last ten years!

Anyways. One pie filling that we DID have that was far from being expired was a can of cherry pie filling. So without further adieu, I present to you...
White chocolate cherry pie filling muffins!



Recipe:
1/2 c. Butter
2 1/2 c. Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
3 eggs
3/4 c. Oil
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
3/4 tsp. Allspice
4 1/2 c. Flour
1 c. White Chocolate Chips
1 - 20 oz. Can of Cherry Pie Filling (I used the one made with Splenda)

*Mix in order
350• for 22 minutes or until the tops bounce back up when lightly pressed and outer edge of the tops are slightly golden

Glaze:
1/2 c. Cream Cheese (softened)
1/4 c. Butter
1/2 T. Milk
2 T. Orange Juice
4 1/2 c. Powdered Sugar or enough to make a glaze (or more if a frosting is desired)

**May also buy cream cheese frosting at the store and pour reasonable amount of orange juice - whip together


No comments: